• Ensure compliance to budget with hiring, overtime, and materials procurement.
• Directs, plans and implements long-term programs for capital and maintenance track construction projects.
WORK EXPERIENCE: • Demonstrated experience and thorough knowledge of train operations, railroad maintenance and construction methods.
• Some experience in planning/scheduling and project management.
Word, Excel, Power Point) sufficient to prepare effective business analyses and presentations. All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
• Demonstrated experience in working effectively with multiple team members. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Must have excellent oral and written communication skills SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes Requisition ID: We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.
We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
• Technical experience with regard to track systems, policies, and procedures.• Monitor track inspection periodically to ensure all Federal and Amtrak requirements are being met by track inspectors. • Effectively communicate and build rapport across departments, sub-departments and public agencies.• Effective utilization of performance management and interpersonal skills to ensure timely feedback and coaching as required to maintain discipline and improve performance.We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States.The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees. SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Oversee, direct and manage the installation of concrete ties, rail and turnouts, undercutting, shoulder cleaning, ditching, welding, and surfacing work.
Oversee manpower, scheduling, equipment, material, and supplies that support track operations.